Prior to beginning work on this assignment carefully review the CRJ620 Intervention Plan Scenarios and choose one that will be the topic for all the assignments related to your Intervention Plan in Week Six. Review the complete instructions for the Final Paper, “Intervention Plan”, in Week Six of the course.
The purpose of this assignment is to assist you in developing research analysis skills including critical thinking, writing, and literature research skills. This annotated bibliography assignment will provide you with an opportunity to locate resources for your Intervention Plan in Week Six.(There is a Sample Annotated Bibliography (Links to an external site.) in the Writing Center for additional assistance.)
For this annotated bibliography, you will research a minimum of nine sources in total, including at least one each of the following types: peer-reviewed articles, scholarly resources, and professional resources that are considered to have reliable information. (Professional resources exclude popular news sources (e.g., Newsweek, Time, People, New York Times, and any television news source) and online open sourced materials like Wikipedia.) At least six of your sources must have been published within the last ten years with at least three from the University Library.
Each scenario has a list of resources including news articles providing documented facets of the scenarios. The resources provided with your chosen scenario are permitted to be used as sources for your Intervention Plan, but news articles (even those included with the scenarios) are not permitted for use in the Annotated Bibliography assignment. Thus, it will be necessary to expand into more generalized research in law enforcement or corrections as it relates to your chosen scenario. For this assignment, you are researching for the Intervention plan so locating sources on the following topics specifically related to law enforcement or corrections may prove valuable: management and leadership, corruption, ethics, human resources, professional development, communication, media, community relationships and other topics specifically covered in the Intervention Plan. (Access the MSCJ Professional Sources guide (Links to an external site.) for additional assistance with finding appropriate resources.)
The annotated bibliography must include the following for each source.
- Create a complete APA formatted citation.
- Create an annotation that summarizes the information provided in the full article.
- It may be helpful to ask the following questions while synthesizing this information.
- Who is/are the author(s)?
- What was done within the study? (e.g., An experimental study was completed investigating the interaction of short-term memory and attention.)
- Who are the subjects of the study?
- How was it done?
- What were the major findings?
- What contributions to the literature were made? (e.g., new findings, applications, etc.)
- How does this information relate to the Intervention Plan assignment?
The Intervention Plan Annotated Bibliography
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least nine scholarly and/or professional sources, six sources published within the last ten years, and at least three from the University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.