TOPIC: Needs Assessment
Throughout the remainder of the course, you will work on developing a training solution for an organization of your choosing. You should look through all the remaining assignments in the course to familiarize yourself with the requirements of the final project.
Your final deliverable will be a video of you conducting the training and with all the deliverables that you developed throughout the course.
Find an organization that you have access to (church, work, a volunteer org., business) that you can develop a training for.
- Identify a performance problem or issue that exists within the organization.
- Conduct a needs assessment to figure out what is causing the performance problem or issue you identified.
- Use Exhibit 1.1 on the Needs-Assessment Process in Chapter 1 of the textbook to shape the structure of your needs assessment. Also ask questions and gather information on the intended training audience’s current level of knowledge and skill related to the issue or performance problem you are trying to solve.
- In 750-1,000 words produce a written report of your needs assessment findings. Follow the structure found in Chapter 1 for “The Written Report.” Be detailed and specific about how you conducted your needs assessment, what you found out, and why you came to the conclusions you did.
- Also describe where the intended learner’s current knowledge, attitudes, and skills are regarding the issue or performance problem you are trying to solve.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite for similarity scores and plagiarism check.
Read Chapter 1 in The Trainer’s Handbook. https://bibliu.com/app/#/view/books/9781118933145/
Read “Conducting a Needs Assessment,” from the USDA website. https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/national/nedc/?cid=stelprdb1185741
Read “From Needs Assessment to Needs Analysis,” by Christensen, from Performance Improvement (2018).
Read the “Statement on the Integration of Faith and Work” from Grand Canyon University’s One Foundation (2015) in preparation for assignments and discussion questions.
Read “User Needs Analysis and Development of Priorities for Life Cycle Impact Assessment,” by Stewart & Jolliet, from The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment (2004).
Read “Training Needs Assessment of Health Care Professionals in a Developing Country: The Example of Saint Lucia,” by Gaspard & Che-Ming, from BMC Medical Education (2016).
Read “Problem-Based Learning: A Viable Approach in Leadership Development?” by Yeo, from The Journal of Management Development (2007).