1. What is the difference between actual and perceived risk? Should we rely on perceived risk when making risk management decisions? Include a specific example as evidence.
2. Which is superior: Risk Information Seeking and Processing Model or Societal Risk Reduction Motivation model? Provide 3 qualities that justify your answer based on model variables and usability of the model.
3. What qualities allow individuals to engage in edgework? Why would those in an edgework community perceive risk differently than those outside the community?
4. “Extant research has frequently focused on determining the relative effectiveness of narratives and nonnarratives. The next step in this research may be to move from the questions of whether narratives are more effective to whennarratives are more effective…” So, what variables of narratives will make them most effective for risk messages? What should narratives include/do to ensure their success?
5. How can our understanding of numeracy improve risk communication in provider-patient communication?
2 pages for each question, Each question has 2-4 articles to be used to answer the questions.